Flavors of Sicily
- Sep 8 - 16, 2023
What could be more inspiring than a journey to Sicily highlighted by visits to renowned archaeological sites, delicious cuisine and wine, and a fabulous private villa selected as our home base?
This comprehensive program will provide an intimate, immersive approach to an authentic cultural and culinary experience. We’ll converse with winemakers whose vineyards thrive on the flanks of Mount Etna and enjoy their boutique wines paired with savory antipasti.
The beautiful landscapes of Sicily are populated by the spirits of ancient Greeks and the Romans who found paradise on this island. Excellent guides will lead us on many memorable discoveries of Sicily’s celebrated past.
- With your small group (maximum 26 guests), enjoy seven nights at the splendid seaside hotel, Mazzarò Sea Palace.
- Work side-by-side in the kitchens of distinguished chefs, learning time-tested techniques and modern twists with ingredients grown in the mineral-rich, volcanic soil of Mount Etna’s fertile lowlands.
- Spend time exploring the coastal towns of Taormina and Siracusa, including a stop at a local outdoor market.
- Visit Benanti, a family-owned boutique winery with a strong international focus, and winner of over 80 awards since 1994.
- Stop by the award-winning Planeta—one of the premier wine estates of Sicily and a veritable fine wine empire—for a tasting and lunch.
- Visit Sicily’s archaeological masterpieces—the ancient theatres of Taormina and Siracusa, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Villa Romana del Casale mosaics in Piazza Armerina.
- Explore Mount Etna, a natural marvel and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Day after day, experience the fusion of tradition and modernity, and see for yourself how Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Arab, Norman, German, French, and Spanish influences
IncludedFlavors of Sicily