National Parks & Lodges of the Old West
- Jun 8 - 16, 2023
- From $ 4,995
- $ 850
- History, Land, Nature
Join fellow alumni and friends on a journey that celebrates the American West’s magnificent National Parks, tracing legends and storied monuments along the way.
From Mount Rushmore to Old Faithful and from Spearfish Canyon to the Snake River, you will see the best of the Old West, and traverse its beautiful vistas in style and comfort. Wonderfully historic hotels and lodges are a highlight of this program, including landmark lodging within the parks themselves.
Indulge in the geological phenomena of hot springs in South Dakota, and journey through Badlands National Park, known as nature’s surreal masterpiece, where impressive herds of bison roam, and dazzling, dramatic pinnacles rise over the largest undisturbed mixed-grass prairie in the United States.
- Experience the diverse wonders of our national parks accompanied by an Orbridge Expedition Leader.
- Overnight in landmark lodges that are national treasures themselves.
- Enjoy a Jeep safari tour at Custer State Park—a wildlife reserve with scenic lakes, dramatic granite spires, and lush grasslands where bison herds roam.
- Visit the world’s largest mammoth site, where scientists are excavating remains of Columbian and woolly mammoths from 26,000 years ago.
- Marvel at the grandeur of Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial.
- See the dramatic effects of Yellowstone’s volcanically active caldera and visit otherworldly geothermal sites, including Old Faithful Geyser.
- Explore Grand Teton National Park—host to flora and fauna that date back to prehistoric times.
- IncludedNational Parks & Lodges of the Old West