- Oct 26 - Nov 3, 2024
- From $ 3,495
- $ 1,000
History, Land, Nature
- Gohagan & Company
Experience the otherworldly beauty of the naturally occurring Aurora Borealis, more commonly known as the Northern Lights, on this unique, 7-night land program.
Discover Iceland’s “Big Three” wonders, known as the Golden Circle—the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Thingvellir National Park; the two-tiered “Golden Waterfall” of Gullfoss; and Strokkur, an active geyser that erupts every few minutes. Experience an excursion to the Bridge Between Continents, the boundary between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates—where rifts have formed as the land gradually drifts apart—and join guides as you chase the iconic lights at the optimum time of year. Other highlights include:
- Enjoy surreal views of lava fields surrounding the thermal waters in the Blue Lagoon.
- Discover Iceland’s first permanent settlement in Reykjavík, which is today the most northern national capital city in the world and the most western capital city of Europe.
- Explore The Reykjanes Peninsula with a visit to the Geldingadalur Volcano.
- Embark on a city tour of Akureyri, nicknamed the “Capital of North Iceland” and an important port and fishing center.
- Walk among the surreal “dark castle” lava formations of Dimmuborgir and drive along the shores of Lake Mývatn.
- See Siglufjörður, one of Iceland’s most dramatically sited towns, and visit its Herring Era Museum, which recreates the history of fish salting and oil processing during the early 20th century.