Travel Protection Plans
Each of USC Trojan Travel’s trips is designed to put your safety and comfort first. However, purchasing a travel protection plan is an important precaution to cover you, your family and your investment should an unforeseen incident occur.
Note: Some tour operators are including supplemental insurance coverage as a secondary benefit on medical evacuation, medical expenses and trip delay. This does not protect the value of your trip in case of a cancellation or interruption. We strongly recommend that you protect yourself and your investment in the event of an unforeseeable event as well have added benefits that the supplemental coverage does not include like “cancel for any reason” or “Pre-existing medical waivers”.
The following information concerning the available travel protection plans was prepared by USI Travel Insurance Services (TIS).*
USI Travel Insurance Services (TIS) is an independent insurance agency that offers travel protection plans to the alumni travel community. This optional plan can provide insurance coverage for:
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Interruption
- Baggage and Personal Effects
- Baggage Delay
- Accident and Sickness Medical Coverage
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Cancel for Any Reason – upgrade available on some plans
The plan also includes 24/7 Emergency Assistance Services—a non-insurance benefit provided as part of the travel protection plan.
After your reservation is confirmed, USC Trojan Travel will mail you information about this travel protection plan, including costs and enrollment information.
Whether you select the plan provided by TIS or another insurance agency of your choice, you should consider purchasing trip insurance or a travel protection plan for your protection.
Insurance benefits in the plans are subject to exclusions and limitations, including an exclusion for pre-existing conditions.
The plan contains insurance benefits underwritten by the United States Fire Insurance Company as well as non-insurance Travel Assistance Services that are provided by On Call International. Coverages may vary and not all coverage is available in all jurisdictions. Individuals looking to obtain additional information regarding the features and pricing of each travel plan component, please contact USI Insurance Services, LLC d/b/a USI Affinity Travel Insurance Services with its principal place of business at One International Plaza, Suite 400, Philadelphia, PA, 19113; 1-800-937-1387; email@example.com. CA license #OG11911. CA DOI toll free number: 800-927-4357. MD Insurance Administration: 800-492-6116.
* The insurance benefits that are part of the plans are underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company. As a travel retailer, USC Trojan Travel and its employees may transact Travel Insurance on TIS’s behalf and under TIS’s direction, including offering/disseminating information on their behalf, including brochures, buyer guides, descriptions of coverage, and price, referring specific coverage/feature/benefit questions to TIS, disseminating/processing applications for coverage, coverage selection forms, or other similar forms, collecting premiums on TIS’s behalf, and receiving/recording information to share with TIS. Purchasing a travel plan is not required in order to purchase any other products or services offered by USC Trojan Travel.