Village Life Around the Italian Lakes
- Sep 21 - 29, 2024
- From $ 3,895
- $ 1,000
- History, Land
- Gohagan & Company
Northern Italy’s fabled Lake District beckons with its shimmering glacial waters, soaring Alpine peaks, and bijou towns on a 7-night itinerary that immerses you in the distinct bella figura Italian style that has inspired poets, composers, artists, and philosophers for centuries.
Visit Bellagio; Villa del Balbianello; Stresa; Isola Bella; and Sacro Monte di Orta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In Milan, visit the Duomo and Teatro alla Scala, and enjoy a specially arranged viewing of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper. Other highlights include:
- Stroll along Como’s medieval towers and walls, Renaissance palaces and churches, neoclassical 19th‑century villas, and small family-owned negozio, or shops.
- See the magnificent Duomo di Como and the 12th‑century Romanesque Basilica di San Fedele.
- Visit the crown jewel of the Borromean archipelago, Isola Bella, occupied by the 17th-century Palazzo Borromeo.
- Enjoy amazing mountain views from Stresa, the setting for Ernest Hemingway’s iconic novel “A Farewell to Arms”.
- Behold the majesty of Milan’s late-Gothic Duomo and the Teatro alla Scala opera house.
- Explore the magnificent Villa del Balbianello and its unique terraced gardens.
- Discover the heart of Orta San Giulio’s medieval village center to admire Baroque palazzos built by Italian nobility.
- Visit chapels dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi atop the summit of UNESCO-inscribed Sacro Monte di Orta.
- Cruise across the cobalt-blue water in a private boat to Isola San Giulio, taking in views of Italian villas and gardens along the way.
- IncludedVillage Life Around the Italian Lakes