Coastal Iberia & the Pillars of Hercules
- Apr 10 - 19, 2024
- From $ 5,995
- History, Ocean Cruise
- Gohagan & Company
Sail from Libson to Barcelona and trace the cultural legacy of the most storied civilization of the Middle Ages on this spectacular 8-night cruise aboard the 5-star, 4-masted sailing yacht, Wind Star, featuring the Iberian Peninsula and Portugal’s breathtaking Algarve coast.
Visit 10 spectacular cities—Lisbon; Portimão; Seville; Gibraltar; Tangier; Malaga; Granada; Valencia; Tarragona; and Barcelona—with excursions in every port. Stand on the “Top of the Rock” in Gibraltar, considered one of the two Pillars of Hercules by ancient Greeks and Romans. Explore Granada’s magnificent Alhambra Palace and discover the historical hillside port of Tarragona. Other highlights include:
- Admire Ponta de Piedade, a group of coastal limestone rock formations along the Algarve coast.
- Visit the intricate statue of the Infante and the Church of St. Anthony in the scenic port town
- Discover Seville’s Gothic cathedral, Europe’s second largest Christian house of worship.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Alcázar, the 14th‑century residence of Seville’s Moroccan and Spanish rulers.
- Look for the Barbary macaques, the only wild monkeys in Europe, and see the geological wonders of St. Michael’s Cave in Morocco.
- Enjoy a day touring Granada, featuring the majestic Alhambra Palace and brilliant gardens of
the Palace of Generalife—former rural residence of the emirs who ruled this part of Spain in the
13th and 14th
- Embrace life along the cobblestone streets of Valencia’s Plaza de la Reina, with views of
- Visit the hillside port of Tarragona to see the Plaza de La Font and what remains of an
Extend your journey with the Lisbon Pre-Program and/or Barcelona Post-Program options.
- IncludedCoastal Iberia & the Pillars of Hercules