Panama Canal & Costa Rica
- Mar 1 - 9, 2024
- From $ 4,995
- History, Nature, Ocean Cruise
- Gohagan & Company
Begin your 9-day expedition with 1 night in San José, Costa Rica, then cruise for 7 nights from the Costa Rican rainforest through the mighty locks of the Panama Canal—an experience unmatched for its engineering prowess.
Explore the wonders of Costa Rica’s Curú National Wildlife Refuge and Manuel Antonio National Park and visit the seldom-visited Cébaco Island. Tour Panama City and experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal. Other highlights include:
- Tour Costa Rica’s dynamic capital city of San José and visit the National Theater—a regal Baroque edifice modeled on Milan’s La Scala—and the National Museum.
- Watch for colorful toucans, screeching howler monkeys, camouflaged iguanas, arboreal squirrel monkeys, and rambunctious capuchin monkeys under the guidance of expert naturalists on a tour of Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Snorkel in the emerald waters of the seldom-visited Cébaco Island, where schools of brilliantly colored fish, giant manta rays, and four different species of turtles swim amid lovely rock reefs.
- Enjoy a tour of Panama City, including a visit the new Frank Gehry‑designed Biodiversity Museum.
- Explore the Miraflores Locks Visitor Center and learn about the canal’s lock system.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-designated historic district of Casco Antiguo, a charming neighborhood with cobblestone streets and architecturally significant edifices.
- Cruise from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea through the Panama Canal.
Enhance your experience with the Costa Rica Pre-Program and/or Panama Post-Program options.
- IncludedPanama Canal & Costa Rica